Monday, November 01, 2010

Welcoming November: Anyone find an ark nearby?

It is one of those days, raining non-stop. Washington is quite famous for this type of weather but somehow, I am always ready to sing the Monday/rainy days song whenever the two coincide. Dripping rain would be one thing but this torrential downpour is starting to freak me out. And I was born here! But if I am feeling threatened, imagine the troubled minds of those who live in Haiti, who are anticipating Hurricane Tomas. As my older son said, "Because a massive earthquake, pandemic poverty, and a cholera outbreak aren't enough... What do you say to those living there that seek a merciful God? Crazy!" I don't know what to say to them but I do know that lately, I have been asking God a few questions about justice.

On a lighter side, this is National Blog Posting Month. NaBloPoMo I have friends who are using this month to focus on writing the book that is hiding in their heads and hearts. No way on earth will I begin to attempt such an operation in November. The grading period ends Wednesday, conferences are in a week and a half, essays, packets, grammar review tests... need I elaborate? But I will try, with all my might, to blog daily during November. Even Thanksgiving Day! That is if I can tread water long enough and eventually swim through this storm.

No comments: