Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Politically speaking...

What an interesting night, politically speaking. Does the Party of No now find a way to do something over the next two years or do we continue to blame the White House? Honestly, I’ve been pretty disgusted with the last four years. Who was in charge when this mess was created and what have we done to try to fix it? I hate it when people refuse to take responsibility for their actions. All that deregulation of banks and Wall Street. Made the really fat cats uber rich and shoved everyone else underwater with their mortgages! I hope this election means some work will be done in the DC area but it’s pretty scary to think that 40% of those now serving in congress will be in their first term. Some of the truly dumb challengers didn’t make it, thank heavens. Some changes were good ones but in the process big promises have been made. I can’t wait to see Mr. Boehner actually start to work; what a refreshing change for him. The other election news that actually shocked me was to learn that Meg Whitman spent between $150-$168 million on her campaign! And lost! And that $120 million of that money was from her personal bank account! Oh - my - word! As for me, I’m certainly not a political expert. The Republicans I voted for lost and all but one of the Democrats I voted for won. Rather weird. Guess we’ll see if we change it all up again in two years. Our country appears to be quite ADD when it comes to elections. But it sure beats what I have seen in other places. People who lose here actually admit it and people who win usually have something nice to say about the guy they were calling a slimeball just hours before. Now to watch everything get fixed. And I will be watching, won’t you? How long shall we give them to do it? Six months? That’s the time we used to give Haitian government officials to fix Haiti’s problems before the impeachment graffiti started appearing. But we’re Americans, and so generous as well – I say we give them nine months. That should do it.

No comments: