Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fall Clean-up

My husband and I spent about three hours in the yard today. Actually, that's not quite right; he was on the roof removing moss and I was in the yard. Nevertheless, we were both outdoors. It was nice this morning, cool but sunny. I weeded a couple beds, cut back calla lilies, the huge stargazer lily, the rest of the iris, and some day lilies. I also planted 75 daffodil bulbs. Cleaning out my raised bed garden turned into a treasure hunt. The tomatoes were long gone so I pulled out the plants. The lemon cucumbers were finished but there were still six cucumbers on the vines so I picked those, and I found two more zucchini before I pulled that plant out. Note to self, one zucchini plant is plenty! Thankfully it started misting about noon and raining about 30 minutes later. As it is, I am so sore! I haven't done any yard work for months and wasn't truly prepared for what I did today. But it was nice to clean things up a bit. Winter is just around the corner!

No comments: