Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Not On My List!

One of my favorite students of all time is moving to Pennsylvania. I told her that this did not make me happy for she is not on my list! Yes, I know, how unprofessional of me. I don't really have a list of students that I want to get rid of but I do wish that this one wasn't leaving. She came to our school toward the end of sixth grade and within a couple weeks, participated in the all-school Spelling Bee. After winning the sixth grade division, she won the seventh grade division. She placed second overall, losing to an incredible reader. Being a military kid, she's used to moving around but this time is special because she's going to the area where her grandma lives! That actually makes me very happy for her for I think she needs the special attention that her grandma will give her since her mother gave birth to twins on the first day of school this year! She adores her baby sisters but I know that going from thirteen years as an only child to having twins in the family is not easy for her. I am praying that grandma will be someone who gives her undivided love and attention. Regardless of where she goes, this girl will succeed. She is just this side of brilliant. But oh, I will really miss her!

2 comments:

Cami said...

She was incredibly blessed to have you as her teacher, even if it was a relatively brief time!

Kathie said...

Thanks Cami - that is so sweet!