Thursday, September 23, 2010

Too Many Nights

One of the responsibilities that teachers must assume, whether they like it or not, is attendance at evening activities. I think I've been to four in the first four weeks of school! It is tiring to work all day and then attend fund-raisers or back-to-school night or whatever other event someone thinks is good for teachers. Add to that a personal life and things can get out of control very quickly. Normally I have been available to babysit my grandkids on Thursday evenings but lately it's been one thing after another and it just hasn't happened. Singing in the choir means going to choir practice on Wednesday nights, the same night our school has staff meetings. I try to schedule quiet activities for Thursday because I'm usually so tired from the long Wednesday. I think I now have a couple weeks free of mandatory activities. I plan to enjoy my evenings at home, by the fire, reading some books that I plan to use in my classroom. They ought to be quick reads but I may fall asleep so who knows!

No comments: