Friday, September 10, 2010

Overworked by A. Schiller

Two very good friends of mine lost their jobs today. They were fired, probably because they knew too much. To say it makes me ill is an understatement. They are quality and they've worked themselves like dogs. To them, I dedicate my Friday poem:


Overworked by A. Schiller

I worked hard for you!
Got back what was undue.
Me you used to praise,
Then you ended my days.

At first I loved my work,
Then you had to drive me berserk!
I thought you believed in me,
But it wasn't meant to be.

Me and my hard work you betrayed,
Abused me and let happiness fade!
You didn't care how I felt inside.
You just pushed until I felt like I died.

Then you told a big lie,
Had to leave without a good-bye.
But at the end I felt relieved-
Never to return and be deceived,

Into thinking I was something to you.
Now I'm left to begin anew-
Get past the emptiness to a new day,
Where happiness will return and stay.

No comments: