Monday, February 28, 2011

Soooooo tired!

I won't bore you by repeating all the days off we've had but I will say I was terribly disappointed by several of my students today. Work that had been assigned last Tuesday was not done. I have four students who just won't do it. I am not sure they should go on to 8th grade or maybe they just shouldn't return to our school. It always bothers me terribly when parents pay for private school and we are unable to motivate their students to do the work necessary to pass. I've tried everything I know and the only thing that works is bringing them into my classroom, everyday, during lunch break. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to give up my precious 20 minutes to these little dears. If I do this, make them come in everyday and do my homework, it gets done. But it is so artificial! I've had late bloomers before but these kids have attitudes and issues. If it's just one or the other we can usually make progress. Both? Not so much.

My planning period is the last one of the day on Mondays and generally I love it. Today I used it to go to the dentist and have my crown reset. It came off with the yummy salt-water taffy that I enjoyed in Cannon Beach. Thankfully everything was in good shape and the dentist was able to just clean it up and re-cement it into place. I'm pretty sure this will be cheaper than a new crown!

After the dentist, I came back to school (about 4 o'clock) and worked until nearly 7 in the evening. I just had so many loose ends and I do not like that feeling. Finished planning, photocopying, organizing, uploading grades... I'm ready for the next two weeks. I like being prepared two weeks in advance! I feel so confident when I do this.

However, I came home and totally crashed afterward. Made black bean soup, toast, and carrots for dinner then watched reruns of NCIS and Bones. Now my bed is saying, "Get in here you idiot!" so I think I'll stop for now.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Black Bean Soup sounds so good, especially with the weather we've been having.

NCIS and Bones are my two favorite shows!