Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Decadal Change

I am on the verge... in moments... of adding a new decadal numeral to my age. Incredible! Where have the decades gone? In the first decade, I lived in this very town, went to one school, lived in two different houses. In the second decade I still lived in this very town then moved to another state, went to three different schools, and lived two different houses and a college dorm room. In the third decade I married, had two children, lived in three different states, two different countries, a bunch of different residences. In the fourth decade my children left home, then got married, I became a grandmother, I traveled the world. In the fifth decade life got complicated. Cancer invaded our family, I became grandma to four more beautiful children, we changed careers - twice, and we moved back home. And here I am... ready to begin decade number six and wondering... can it really get any better than this? I guess I'm ready to find out!

No comments: