Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The 6-0

Ha! As I was typing the title, I accidentally typed 8-0 instead of 6-0. Yes, that was a weird feeling. But if God grants me the time, I hope to see that decade as well.

Today I am 60. I got emails from two of my cousins this morning. We went to different grade schools and junior highs but finished at the same high school. One turned 60 in December and the other in January. We were inseparable, not just cousins but friends. I have so many great memories of our childhood together. One cousin is enjoying her retirement on her little farm, just east of town and the other lives in CA, travels to lovely places, doing all the things that appear to be fun. The farmer is loving retirement; the traveler doesn't like the fact that she is now 60. It's all about attitude not numbers or lifestyle!

So I'm off to the PO to mail two packages to my adorables in France and then to my mother's to paint and help her reorganize her stuff after my brother remodeled her bedroom and bath. It has been a mess for a month and she hates clutter! My mom is going to hit 83 in June and she is the best! Great attitude, always busy, never complains (although she is a worrier), and will try to do anything and everything for herself before hinting she might need help. I have to stay a step ahead of her or I would find her on ladders and other silly places! I am grateful for my gene-pool because I am a very optimistic person with an incredibly high energy level. I think that's good, for me and for my family.

So welcome 60! I'm planning to enjoy every year, every day, every moment I get!

No comments: