Sunday, February 13, 2011

4-day weeks

We have two four-day weeks ahead of us. I like that because I could really use an extra day off. We haven't had all the snow days that folks South and East of us have enjoyed. Not that I would want that much time off, but a day here and there is quite nice. Our administration chose to give us Friday and Monday rather than Monday and Tuesday. I, for one, am very grateful! I don't care for three-day weeks very much but four days - perfect!

I rewarded my short-story grading frenzy on Saturday and let myself read two books today. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi and Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. Two very different books! One challenged me intellectually and the other reinforced my faith.

Tomorrow, Valentine's Day, the Whittaker family will honor the life of their little girl, Susana. I would love to give them the second book I read tonight but I think they could probably write one themselves. These people have incredible faith. God bless them.

No comments: