Friday, December 17, 2010

School's Done in 2010

What a day! I am tired, no question about it. But it was a good day for us. The students were well-behaved, loud - but good kids. Several thanked me for the fun Christmas party but honestly, they made their own fun. After the party, the students helped me stack desks so that the floors can be steam-cleaned over the weekend. It's always nice to teach junior high when that kind of work is involved. I have some big boys who are quite strong! Then I headed out to dinner with my mother, did some last minute shopping and wrapping, and now I'm by the fire, in my leather recliner--so relaxed!

Not so with my husband. I think the early part of his day went well. At noon he took the students-of-the-month to Izzys for lunch and I know that was great! He always enjoys that monthly responsibility. Then everyone gathered for a Pep Rally. It was really going well, fun games, hilarious activities, cheering for the basketball team... all good... until one of the cheerleaders came down wrong after a routine and literally broke her leg in front of the entire school! NOT good! It was a severe break so an ambulance was called and as I type, she's in surgery. My husband is the game administrator tonight so he's still with basketball players, coaches, high school kids, and their parents. He won't be home for at least an hour, probably two. Poor guy, he's going to be wiped out. And tomorrow? Christmas with our kids and grandkids. That will be fun!

No comments: