Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Anticipation!

A week from today I will hold my youngest grandchild for the first time. I am so excited to meet young Eliott Ray! I will also be able to play with his big sister, Gracie, for the first time in a very long time. Oh, how my heart has missed her! But traveling over the holidays means that everything else must get done sooner. I need to have all my Christmas preparations for the three other dearly-loved grandchildren ready to go by this Saturday morning. I need to get suitcases packed, bills paid in advance, even lesson plans completed before I leave town. One thing I learned early on as a teacher is that the unexpected will happen. There is nothing quite like international travel to render all pre-planning irrelevant! We know that our trip home could be delayed; we have some very tight connections. And although we have planned for every possibility, there will be some sort of complication or interruption - count on it. So I have finished my lesson plans and the shopping for the grandchildren. I do need to shop for our children and for T's staff. Bills are also needing some attention... sigh... don't they always need attention? Regardless, I am joyously anticipating the holidays!

1 comment:

Cami said...

Praying for a wonderfully precious time with many, memories to carry you through until the next time.