Saturday, December 11, 2010

Do Unto Others

My husband and I adopted a little family from a City Gates Ministry list. Shopping for these people was such fun! We decided to go to a local, large super store (no, not WalMart!) so that we could get clothes and toys and housewares all in one place and only have one gift receipt to include with the presents. I have a lot of wrapping to do today! I have to find out how to go about the next step of delivering the gifts. I don't want anyone to feel embarrassed or awkward by receiving presents from complete strangers. Regardless, the ones who are blessed by this... yep - it's us! My eyes filled with tears more than once as I looked for just the right thing for a little 3-year-old girl. Images of my own granddaughters kept coming to my mind. I am so grateful for my family, for the opportunity we have to do some small thing for someone else this Christmas. I think next year I will choose a bigger family and get the grandkids involved in this. How fun would that be!

No comments: