Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Classroom Time

I'm getting that itch again. Yesterday I went to the school to drop off some stuff that I had collected over the summer, was just going to set it in a closet and leave but that's not what happened. I made the mistake of sitting down at my desk and one thing led to another and suddenly, it was six o'clock! I actually planned my first (3-day) week of school and began to think of how I want to structure things in my classroom. I need more beanbag chairs for one thing. I hate going to WalMart but I may have to go there to pick up a few of these essential reading tools! I should also drop by School Daze to see if I can pick up a new poster or two or three. I really want to begin preparing all my lesson plans on the computer rather than in my plan book. But I love my plan book! I love looking at that whole week, touching the pages, making random notes where necessary. Plus what would I do during the boring parts of staff meetings if I don't have my plan book to fill out!?! Last year I computerized my Bible class and this year I want to do the same for Language Arts. I know it will undergo tons of tweaking but my lesson plan notebooks are getting too numerous and bulky. I don't know... maybe I'll do both! This may require more thought.

1 comment:

Kassie said...

ewwww Wally world is crazy!!! But I do understand the supplies need. I may have to break down and go there for school stuff. yuck. Love you!