Friday, July 23, 2010

Vacation packet

I went to Costco today to shop for meals for our mountain cabin vacation. Before I picked up any food, I was looking at the books... what could I read aloud that would interest a 10 year-old girl, a 6 year-old boy, and a 3 year-old girl? And then I saw his name... Roald Dahl - some of the funniest quick reads ever. Now it's quite likely that Kayla has already read them, but maybe not all of them. I bought the gift box; why not? Finished food shopping and got everything home then off to the dirt store. No, I'm not kidding. I needed top soil for this famous hill in the back yard. The very top of it is too rocky so we're going to add dirt, then bark, and it will be perfect. Picked up a half-flat of fresh, huge, perfect raspberries at Spooner Farms (ate a pint by the time I got home-it was lunch!) and then napped on the couch for an hour. Oh how I love vacation!

No comments: