Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Summer Clothes

Do you put your summer things away each fall and dig out your winter clothes? I don't. I leave my fall/winter things hanging in my closet because it isn't worth my time to put them away. Here we are, at the end of the first week in July, and I have finally brought out my summer clothes. It hasn't reached 70* in this WA town for a long time. Today it is supposed to hit 81* - tomorrow 91* - the next day 92* - yippee!!! So my cotton slacks, shorts, and short-sleeved shirts are all in the dryer getting ready to be worn. (My ironing technique.)

A late start to summer weather isn't all bad. It means I can prepare my garden in the cool. I've pruned shrubs, planted perennials and annuals, weeded, mulched, and rarely broken a sweat! I also read the papers (more like the news on-line) and see people suffering with 100*+ temperatures yet I can still use a blanket at night. I don't have a/c and I don't need it; even if it does get super hot, I'm surrounded by Douglas Firs, Cedars, Spruces... my own natural coolant.

Time to get moving, errands to run, grandkids to play with, life to be lived with purpose.

No comments: