Friday, July 02, 2010

Banana Bread

My husband is going to be so excited! I found three rotten bananas in the fruit bowl this morning and decided to make banana bread. T really loves it. I have planned to make it many times and often stored rotten bananas in the freezer. After a while (years) the frozen bananas were discarded and others took their place. I just knew if I put them in the freezer, these bananas would meet the same demise so I did it - using a recipe from my friend Sheraz, found in a QCS cookbook, I made banana bread. It's baking right now and smells so good!

I also made strawberry freezer jam. I have never done this before but when my kids were over at our house a couple weeks ago, grandson C wanted a pb&j sandwich and he wanted strawberry jam. I had blackberry and cherry. He ate the cherry but really, he would have preferred strawberry. Spooners Farm's strawberries are finally out so I bought a flat, some pectin, white sugar, and followed an easy recipe that I found on the internet. Haven't tried it yet but C is coming over on Sunday and I'll bring it out then. I'm hopeful.

A domestic goddess I am not. But the momentary escapades with homemaking duties can be fun as long as I can get back to the classroom in the fall. Then I'll buy banana muffins from Top Foods and jam made by Smuckers. It's okay, I am quite sure I'm a better teacher than baker or cook!

No comments: