Saturday, July 10, 2010

Reading Material

Amazon.com just delivered my two books The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller and Nancie Atwell's The Reading Zone. I have lived by Atwell's In The Middle for Writer's Workshop since my teaching time in Haiti. I used her charting methods and other materials for my middle school students for five years, starting with the class of 1999 - an all-time favorite group of students. I typed everything up into a condensed curriculum form for those who came after me, never sure anyone would ever use it again. Then at some point this year, Cami left me a message on Facebook, thanking me for leaving that behind, saying that it was a big help to her! Yay! So, the temperature has risen this afternoon, finally, to 80* (I know, don't you wish you lived in the Pacific NW?!) so I'm going to quit gardening, stay inside, and read!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I love The Reading Zone. I want to be Nancie Atwell when I grow up.