Thursday, July 08, 2010

Granddaughters

I had one of those moments today when I realized that time rushes way too quickly (for me) in the lives of little children. Colton had to go to the dentist today, poor kid. His mom also needed a filling so I kept the girls. It was actually Sierra's turn to spend the day with grandma but when I realized that it meant that Kayla would simply sit in a waiting room all morning, I asked her if she wanted to come over too. She was delighted and informed me, rolling her eyes, that she would be 'soooooo booorrreeeddd' if she had to be in the waiting room. That was one of the moments. The 'so bored' comment is such a junior high thing, especially when accompanied by the eye roll technique. Oh dear, she will be ten in August - guess we should all brace ourselves. The other moment came while we were at the park. Our recently turned three granddaughter told me that the circle swing was just perfect for babies and girls! When I asked her why, she informed me that it was safe. Safe. Safe? What an interesting remark from a three-year-old. I pushed her for a good 20 minutes in the 88* heat with the little lady reveling in the fact that her hair was blowing around her head. The difference in my little ones each summer is remarkable. They certainly are growing up. I am so glad there are more coming! The new grandson arrives in October. I just get all tingly thinking about another new baby! What riches!

No comments: