Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SATs

This week is Stanford testing at our junior high. The kids are doing pretty well. We dedicate our morning to it... well, a good portion of the morning, from 9-12. After each test, we give the students a 15 minute break. They play basketball, eat a snack, talk up a storm, just hang out and it works. They get more morning free-time than ever but they also have to quietly sit still more than ever so it's a nice trade-off. And next week, oh bless my heart and soul... next week is Spring Break! And it's loaded! I have a dentist appointment on Tuesday afternoon, I'm babysitting my grandkids from Wednesday - Friday, and I just got an email from my sister-in-law whose mother died yesterday, and the funeral will be sometime next weekend. Bless her... her mother had been suffering for quite a long time but losing a mother is still a tough situation! Anyway, I think I'll sleep all day Monday. It's the only free time I'm going to get all week!

No comments: