Friday, March 18, 2011

Poetry Friday: Stay Away From The Flu

So I don't really have the flu, just a bothersome tummy, but I thought this was kind of cute. From someone in a health department, trying to keep people from spreading their germs.

Stay Away From The Flu

It is nice to get a flu shot it's true
But if you can't, here is what you can do

Tiny droplets of flu are out for you
Stay away from the droplets - stay away from the flu

If someone is sick stay three feet away
Or a sneeze or cough may spray droplets your way

And don't touch your eyes or nose or mouth
Cause droplets of virus come in by that route

Your food can bring droplets of virus to you
So first clean your hands and I'll give you a clue

Can't find a sink - don't know what to do
Use hand sanitizer, always carry with you

Place a dime size amount in the palm of the hand
And rub over both hands the best that you can

If these do not work, there is medicine too
But you have to take it within two days of flu

I hope this poem helps you not get the flu
But if you do, try not to spread it too

Coughing at someone just is not fair
Cough or sneeze into a tissue with care

And if there is no tissue that's okay too
Sneeze away and down, your sleeve will do

And if that fails, use clorox wipes - that's my mantra in my classroom. I've been through the entire class supply already this year and hit parents up for more, which they graciously provided. They didn't want their kids getting sick and it seems to make a difference. I think it's because I have each of my students wipe his/her own desk (and hands) so they are sterile as well as their work surface!

No comments: