Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Pain of Others

I follow many blogs, not formally, not clicking the little follow button on their website, but I read them none the less. Some of them are bookmarked on my page and others I have in my bookmark menu on my computer. Many are written by people in pain. It may be horrible to say but one of the things that I always do is come away from their sites inspired by their resilience and humbly grateful for my ordinary life. I follow several people whose children have cancer or have died from cancer. I follow several whose children suffer from RAD or other acronyms that are no fun. And I follow several people who live and work in Haiti, a place we called home for 18 years. My life has changed. Ten years ago we were dealing with the challenges of Haiti. Seven years ago we were introduced to cancer and its ramifications. When we were living through our personal challenges, it just seemed like life... I mean, that was just our life. Now we are in a different space and when I read other blogs and hear about those challenges, my heart just bleeds for people! And I pray, I really do. I do not know you personally but I pray for you faithfully. My guess is that it is one of the reasons people write some of the things they write, so others will pray. God help you all!

No comments: