Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daylight Savings Time

I have a wonderful husband. Last night he went around the house, changing all the clocks - yes, we have a lot of clocks! This morning we decided to only go to second service. It's been a hard week, for various reasons, and the lazy morning was perfect. I updated my reading list for the year. Here's what I've read:

  1. Essays 1: First Series - Ralph Waldo Emerson (love Emerson!)
  2. Stuck in the Middle (Sister to Sister) by Virginia Smith (Christian fiction: so-so)
  3. Deeper Water by Robert Whitlow (Christian mystery: okay)
  4. Hide in Plain Sight by Marta Perry (Christian mystery, based in Amish country: I really liked it)
  5. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (for the 50th time, still love it!)
  6. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (brilliant!)
  7. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson (magic!)
  8. Drums of War by Edith Morris Hemingway (great for lit circles)
  9. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
  10. The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (love these stories)
  11. Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher (sweetly old-fashioned)
  12. Emma by Jane Austen (what can I say? A-u-s-t-e-n!)
  13. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi (incredible)
  14. Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo (faith-building)
  15. Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson (Christian Romance… cheesy!)
  16. Invisible by Lorena McCourtney (old lady mystery, like Murder She Wrote)
  17. The Apothecary’s Daughter by Julie Klassen (old English-style novel, beginning and end were good)

We also i-Chatted with our kids in France. My those babies are growing! Love being able to watch it happen.

2 comments:

Cami said...

You are able to read a lot. How wonderful! I'm only on my second book this year and was feeling good about that until I read your list!! I can't blame it on being a mommy of three, I do have some friends with just as many children who read much more than me. But I try to do too many different creative things in my "free time". Lately I've missed getting so lost in a book that you stay up too late finishing it!

Kathie said...

The staying up way too late, lost in a book would describe me all too well!