Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What does one say?

It's interesting that many of my friends/acquaintances in Haiti have little to say on their blogs or Facebook posts about current events in Haiti. There's a lot going on down there these days. Jean-Claude Duvalier got his tush hauled off to the Attorney General's office - wherever that is - and as yet, I haven't heard the outcome. My guess is they'll ship him out without his suitcase! But I do understand the predicament of living in the place that is blowing up over one thing after another. Either one is hesitant to say anything because of repercussions or just plain tired of all the chaos.

Speaking of chaos, my 8th graders today (shake head wearily) were not demonstrating any level of self-control. Tomorrow they start novel studies so I'm hoping they'll improve. They like doing this. Well, it's 5:25 and I still have journals to grade. Time to get cracking.

No comments: