Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Speaking Truth Into Existence

Last Saturday, Sierra turned three. This is an amazing child. She is a creator - according to her father, Sierra speaks truth into existence. Earlier last week, I spent the day with Sierra. We did all kinds of fun things together but at some point, we talked about her approaching birthday. I asked her if she was going to have a party and she emphatically responded, "Yes! I am going to have a Princess Party!" I was impressed. This little girl loves playing with trucks in the sand, throwing baseballs with her brother and father, doing anything the big kids are doing, and she loves to dance. Whenever she decides to dance, she puts on a beautiful, pink, organdy dress that just floats. That's the only time she is princess-ish so for her to have a Princess Party - that's a big deal. So I asked her who was coming to her party and she told me that I would be attending her party. Hmmm... really? So why hadn't her mother told me about it? The next time I saw her mom, I mentioned the Princess Party. She didn't know a thing about it. There was no Princess Party... there was no party! I was concerned; my granddaughter was expecting a party. I asked if I could plan just a family party for her and her mother was delighted that I wanted to do this. So I went to Target... I love Target... and bought everything I needed for a Princess Party. Saturday, her birthday, I sent my husband to the store for beautiful cupcakes. I can make cupcakes but I don't have the patience to make beautiful cupcakes. I had purchased a cupcake holder that sets them up in tiers - very cool. Then I remembered that Sierra had mentioned a balloon and I hadn't told my husband to get a balloon! I called - I love cell phones - and he told me that he had purchased a package of them. What a guy! Thinking in the store, not after he got home! T came home, blew up balloons, tied three of them to the lamppost and scattered the rest over the entryway floor. We were ready. Sierra came in, followed by her brother and sister and her parents. We had a great day - a wonderful party - relaxing, celebratory, just perfect. Later, I was talking with my son about the party that almost wasn't and he informed me that Sierra does that... she speaks truth into existence. In the most matter of fact way possible she simply says what she thinks needs to happen. And she says it again and again and again until it does happen. Amazing. I am so glad she did because the entire day was perfect. It was a Party fit for a Princess and the entire royal family.

No comments: