Monday, March 22, 2010

Ugliness!

President Obama's health care plan passed congress last night. I am perfectly willing to give it a try, see what happens. I know only too well how the insurance companies can abuse paying customers who get sick. I've seen how it works: people pay every month, faithfully, for insurance, but if someone has the audacity to get sick- well... drop him right now! Get rid of that person who demands the money that we the insurance companies are entitled to consume for our personal profit! But that's not what's really troubling me right now. It's the Christians. The Jesus followers. People who share my faith and find no problem calling the president a Nazi or Hitler or some other ridiculous epithet. It's the frenzied frothing at the mouth at the very idea that this bill might cost something. One dear believer lividly shouted that he had no responsibility for the health care of others! It really makes me ill. I do know this, Jesus would want people to have health care. I do too. There is nothing worse than a sick child whose parents cannot pay to have healed... Unless it's someone who claims to live a life of love while screaming abuses at those who disagree with him. I don't care if others have done this; if we say we love the Lord, we should act like it. Anything else is simply self-righteousness. The behavior we witness on television, the things we have heard nearly all day long are just silly, unbecoming, embarrassing, and even pretty disgusting. Matthew 25 my friends, Matthew 25.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I am SO with you on this.

J.R. said...

I completely agree.