Thursday, March 25, 2010

It makes sense in Washington!

Okay, this one's light-hearted.

I've been saying it and saying it and saying it! Every year we build DAYS into our school calendar to accommodate the possibility of snow and ice. Every year we have used at least two of those snow days. This year - not even one! So, I began throwing out the idea of a SUN day. It makes sense, right? We live in Washington, the state, not the one on the East coast. We can go for days, weeks, sometimes months with gray, drippy skies. Why not have a sun day, at least one, to enjoy one of the EXTRA days we are working and kids are in school. Well, someone has done it! I find that to be amazing and wonderful and... well... just the "brightest" idea! Here it is:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36021301/ns/us_news-education/

I just wish it was my school!

No comments: