Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Reality Check

An evening with grandchildren changes my life. I am less angry about all the things that generally make me furious. I am more aware of how fast the days are flying by as I look at my little ones grow. My jaws hurt from smiling so much and I find muscles that haven't been used since the last time I saw them. Tonight we scrambled farm-fresh eggs, fried a pound and a half of bacon, and had such a good time together. We talked about school and the multiplication tables with Kayla. We talked about the letters and sounds Colton knows and which ones he will learn soon. (So silly since he knows them all!) We saw Sierra's big girl bed in what once was Kayla's room. The girls are now sharing a bedroom and Sierra's bedroom has become a playroom. They are growing so fast, something Terry felt up close and personal as he wrestled with the two older ones and they did their best to take him down! He can still overpower them; I wonder how much longer that will last! I feel better about the world in general even though it is just as ridiculous as ever. I'm just so grateful for my little ones. They make my life so rich, so full, so much more enjoyable.

No comments: