Sunday, March 28, 2010

Literary Witness

I am not a follower of Chuck Colson but my principal is. Rick came to school last week, excited to tell me about Colson's latest discussion on his radio program. He told me to look it up because he knows I am such a fan of teaching language arts through literature. So I did. And I was pleasantly surprised that Colson seems to understand that the big pictures of life can be taught through the classics. Here's the commentary that refers to the general subject; you'll have to copy and paste because it won't let me install a live link. It appears that Colson is going to keep going on this subject. I'm may have to check in once in a while. It will give me ammo for my discussions with some of the more fundamentalist folks I confront occasionally.

http://thepoint.breakpoint.org/commentaries/14792-literary-witness

No comments: