Tuesday, May 18, 2010

True Friends!

I have always believed that true friendship survives any obstacle. My friendship with M. is proof of that statement. We each come from different parts of the states but worked in the same school in the same third world country, are members of different denominations with different theological positions, had children who loved each other - then didn't, moved the same year to different regions of the country and haven't been together for ten years! And then M. came to my state for a quick trip. We literally picked up our relationship as though we had spent the previous week teaching school together. We share similar feelings about teaching and literature and how to make the two come together in the lives of schoolkids. We like the same foods, well almost, she doesn't like olives and I don't like onions. And we sure can talk together! Her husband asked me if my jaws were sore. He said he figured we had talked non-stop for 48 hours. My husband apologized for not joining in our conversations but said that he had exhausted his quota for words long before we were finished! Our time together was refreshing and fun. It helped renew my spirit - I am just so grateful for true friendship.

No comments: