Sunday, May 09, 2010

Thoroughly Blessed!

I am one of the fortunate few, so very blessed! That became very apparent to me this morning in church. We are visiting the churches where our students worship and this morning were in a Foursquare Church called Living Water. The worship was upbeat and enjoyable; the message was quite good but the blessing part came at the end. The pastor shared words from the Lord for mothers who were experiencing difficult days. He shared particular verses: for the mother who had lost a child, for the one whose child was far from the Lord, for the mother who was estranged from her child, for the mother of a child who was sick with an incurable illness, for the one whose child suffered from one of many acronyms like fasd, rad, adhd, and many others, and even one for the woman who desperately wanted to be a mother but was unable to conceive. As I listened to those verses and prayed silent prayers for those mothers, a deep sense of gratitude filled my heart. I am so blessed for I am the mother of two sons who are whole, healthy, serving the Lord, and love me completely. Today, this mother is thanking God for His abundant blessings!

No comments: