Friday, May 28, 2010

Rain, rain... you know the rest

I live in the Evergreen State and it is called this because... it's really green! And it's green because... it rains... and rains... and rains! At least for the past several weeks it has just been all about the rain. Today I was on an all-junior high field trip to a local college for their science carnival. It's a great trip. Last year was so much fun! It was sunny and the kids had such a great time on the campus as well as participating in the workshops. This year the rain changed the entire dynamic of the day. It just wasn't all that much fun. I wore a coat but it wasn't as waterproof as it should have been. I am going to have to invest in a real raincoat! As I stood in the drippy rain, my mind wandered to where I used to live, an island some four thousand plus miles away, where it is now rainy season and people are living in their bed-sheet shelters, in the pouring rain. What misery! One might believe that the tropical weather would make it more bearable. It's a warm rain. No, it really wouldn't help, not at all. It's still wet and when evening comes, it would feel quite cold. Oh God, provide... shelter them under your wings.

No comments: