Monday, January 25, 2010

Need distracting? Call in the grandchildren!

It has been hard for me to tear myself away from the TV and computer. Everything that seems like it might be about Haiti grabs my attention immediately. It's exhausting - and I feel guilty about that. I'm tired from school and I feel terrible because my day hasn't been a tenth as stressful as those who are trying to rebuild in Haiti! Yesterday I really needed a break and it happened... in walked the grandchildren! Kayla (9.5) got into the craft bin almost immediately and began making all kinds of adorable things. I kept digging in my baskets and bins for more ribbon and stickers and other items to help her. Colton (6 -2 weeks) said, "Hi Grandma; where's Grandpa?" They are such buddies! Sierra (2.5) just wanted to cuddle. Saturday morning we i-chatted with Brian, Erin, and Gracie! Our baby granddaughter is growing so quickly. She certainly can talk ~ and in complete sentences that make total sense! Wow! I really miss her! It is good to focus on life, on this next generation that will carry the word of God into our world. Oh how I love my little ones!

1 comment:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

I hear you... my focus has been Haiti since this happened... it's been good to have the kids around to keep me balanced. By the way, hi!