Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cramming

It's the end of the year - nine (9) days left. That's counting today. I have to have grades in by 8 o'clock on Thursday morning and someone seems to think we need a staff meeting on Wednesday afternoon at 4 o'clock. I failed to mention that I have a parent conference right after school because of a discipline email I sent home. These folks are supportive; they just like to talk the thing to death. The staff meeting may happen but I'd say the junior high is going to be underrepresented. The entire thing is a bit disconcerting. It seems that the office wants the grades a day earlier every year, and we try to accommodate them. However, to schedule a staff meeting the night before... sounds questionable at the very least. I have other 'able' words that I could use but this is a public forum.

No comments: