Saturday, August 03, 2013

40 Years

My hubby and I have been married 40 years. We married young and had children right away. I tend to think of my life in decades. The first two decades of my life were all about me. And then I married and everything changed. The next two decades were about our sons. We had two boys because we didn't want three boys. My family and my husband's family are boy-heavy. If a girl isn't the first born, it will be all boys. At least that's the historical record. The fifth decade brought grandchildren. Because we started so young, we have been young(er) grandparents. I highly recommend it! We have always been able to play hard with the kids and that's a joy! I have just begun the sixth decade, have six grands (incredible), and have thoroughly enjoyed this life with my man. There have been some really difficult moments with health and hardship, but the blessings far outweigh the trials. Oh how I love him!

Rocking on - Grandpa's foot makes it go faster!


A great reader makes E happy

Hairstyling with Grace


The man - 40 years mine!

1 comment:

Cami said...

Congratulations on 40 years! I am hopeful that the Lord will grant Eric enough life to enjoy at least 30 more years together :) We didn't start our life together as early on as you two.

Your grandkids are so beautiful. So wonderful that you can enjoy them when you have so much youth still! You are blessed!