Friday, June 14, 2013

Summertime!

Officially summer doesn't arrive until the end of next week, but school is out, tonight's graduation. I think this will be one of those summers that flies by at the speed of light. Next week is all the time I have to get ready for a very special trip: to France! In celebration of our 40th wedding anniversary, ours sons bought us plane tickets to France where we will spend two lovely weeks with our younger son and his family. Whenever people talk of going some place, the dialogue seems to turn to things to see and do. It's very different for me; I just want to be, to read to grandchildren, to sit still, take in their presence, breathe the same air, watch emotions expressed on small faces, laugh at silly stuff. I know there are historical sites, educational and cultural opportunities... I don't care. There are three smallish people, living in a French country home with their parents, who mean the world to me. I just want to be... with them.

No comments: