Friday, July 20, 2012

Garden Life

My summer break is more than half over. Sadness... I love teaching, don't get me wrong, but I also love the 80+ days I spend outside the classroom. And outside is the key word for me. I spend a lot of time in my garden. I'm a developper... ever take that gallup inventory with strengths finder? My top fiver are developper, ideation, woo (winning others over), positivity, and input. Yeah... that pretty much sums me up. It's not limited to my classroom; I take it into my garden as well. Here's a few photos:

My favorite hydrangea, blue and purple


 Our new flagstone pathway, from the patio to the trails


 Out front: daisies and lilies

Every year I pot geraniums under our front window;
this year I added a white one.

Blooming for the first time, this was planted three years ago!

The front walkway, daisies, black-eyed Susans, white hydrangea, fuschia

The back yard hillside, terraced with trails. Not yet blooming.

It's hard work but I do love it. Seeing chaos organized into something pretty, very satisfying. This is what the back hillside looked like before we worked on it:

And this is after, before we put in the flagstone.

As I said, hard work but I love it!

No comments: