Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Website Grammar

I'm really not trying to be picky - but - I just visited a website dedicated to a certain kind of homeschooling, one that emphasizes classical education by parents who know their students best and therefore are more prepared to help them succeed. I cannot count all the errors in grammar I found on that site. I am not against homeschooling, just against those who say they are going to do it and then don't really do much. I've had some students who've had excellent homeschooling preparation and others who were enrolled in my class because the parents realized they hadn't done anything to really prepare their student for high school and figured I could do it in a year. I know, I know, it's like anything else, always examples of good and bad. I just think that those who like to point out how good they are at what they do probably ought to have a proofreader.

1 comment:

Cami said...

I am smiling. I have noticed the same thing. I try to bite my tongue, realizing I have grammar errors on my blog, too. Things I miss, especially when in a hurry. I agree, however, if you are going to suggest that you are very good at something, you might want to make certain you are in fact very good at it.