Monday, January 18, 2010

God, Come Quickly

Why did it take such a tragedy to get me writing my blog again? I had so many good reasons to post before now. I have the finest husband in the world. I have two sons, of whom I am incredibly proud who each had the good sense to marry fabulous women who are the best mothers in the world. I have four grandchildren who are nearly perfect. I'm so glad they aren't because I believe perfection in children is highly overrated! I teach terrific junior high school students who are striving to become responsible leaders in the world that they will inherit from us. I have one high school class, three-quarters of whom I had as 8th graders. It is so fun to see what two years have done to them! It is not as though I haven't had a decent thought in my head over the past year and a half. It's not like I haven't been ready to argue a point, or two or three or more. But here I am, overwhelmed by the sadness in Haiti. Understanding the sense of what this will mean. It means re-creation not simply rebuilding. Will the world stay connected long enough or are we so ADHD that we allow the Golden Globes, Mafia Mania and other stupid things to take over. I've been thinking about Mark 13. Jesus tells us to get ready, that terrible things are going to happen and among those things are the wars (stupidity) and earthquakes (tragedy) and disease (so preventable) and changes in our sun, moon, and stars (environmental issues?). So discouraging, so troubling, so frightening. But he also said THEN HE WILL COME AGAIN. Oh God, come quickly!

No comments: